At In Another Place we have developed a highly acclaimed, user–friendly pick-up-and-go, walk-through the Bible in a year Assembly Resource Pack for use by staff in both community and church schools.
This flexible resource also has the capacity to be used in an ‘after school club’ setting with older primary pupils to build their skills as leaders in Assembly/Collective Worship.
Click here to hear some of the songs used and see the actions!
So what is our offer?
- A trained member of IAP would come into your school for 6 weeks to run the club for up to 8 pupils (Y5/6) alongside a member of your staff who may then be able to lead groups in the future
- The sessions will use the Assembly Resource Pack as a framework to enable the pupils to lead Assembly/Collective Worship for other children in school later that week
- Everything the children need including simple costumes and props (on loan) will be provided
- The script, prayers/reflections and even the songs on our Take A Look CD are all there. That’s not to say there isn’t any flexibility for the pupils to bring in their own ideas too!!
- As we are a charity we would need to make a charge to cover our costs. This would be £200 in total for the 6 weeks and would include a copy of the Assembly Resource Pack (normally £28) and an initial planning meeting with one of our Assembly Ambassador
- We will also be able to provide you with feedback from our pilot schools so you can see what your colleagues felt about it
See what some of the schools and children have said:
They have really brought the stories alive each week and my class look forward to the next collective worship.” Holy Trinity Primary School
“The children have really enjoyed the assemblies and love the songs and joining in the actions. Some other children have now asked to join our Worship Warriors!” Hope Primary School
“I’ve never been chosen for anything before so being part of Worship Warriors has made me feel special and proud. It was fun and has made me more confident.” The Beacon School
“It’s great to see the quieter children come out of their shells and they have become a lot more confident.” St Anne Stanley Primary School
If you are interested please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org